- 1/2 lb. pork sausage, casings removed
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough
- Egg wash
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an ovenproof 10” skillet with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned all over cooked through. Sprinkle flour over the sausage and cook for about a minute. Pour in milk and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until very thick, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne. Turn off heat.
- Cut each biscuit in half and roll halves into balls. Place around the perimeter of skillet to form a ring. The biscuit pieces should be touching! Add gravy to the center of the biscuit ring.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes minutes until the biscuits are golden. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve warm.